- What is a Sacrament?
A Sacrament is an outward sign of inward grace, ordained by Jesus Christ, by which grace is given to our souls.
- Do the Sacraments always give grace?
The Sacraments always give grace to those who receive them worthily.
- Whence have the Sacraments the power of giving grace?
The Sacraments have the power of giving grace from the merits of Christ’s Precious Blood which they apply to our souls.
- Ought we to have a great desire to receive the Sacraments?
We ought to have a great desire to receive the Sacraments, because they are the chief means of our salvation.
- Is a character given to the soul by any of the Sacraments?
A character is given to the soul by the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Order.
- What is a character?
A character is a mark or seal on the soul which cannot he effaced, and therefore the Sacrament conferring it may not he repeated.
- How many Sacraments are there?