- What is Charity?
Charity is a supernatural gift of God by which we love God above all things, and our neighbour as ourselves for God’s sake.
- Why must we love God?
We must love God because he is infinitely good in himself and infinitely good to us.
- How do we show that we love God?
We show that we love God by keeping his commandments: for Christ says: ‘If you love me, keep my commandments’. (John 14:15: Matt. 19:16-19.. Rom. 13..9-10)
- How many Commandments are there?
There are ten Commandments.
- Say the ten Commandments.
- I am Yahweh your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no gods except me. You shall not make yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything in heaven, or on the earth beneath or in the waters under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
4. Honour your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s goods.
- Who gave the ten Commandments?
God gave the ten Commandments to Moses in the Old Law, and Christ confirmed them in the New.